We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hi everyone!! I hope you are all having a great week! It is finally Friday! Oh and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary! My mother is law is going to watch the boys for a couple of hours so that my husband and I can have a nice little anniversary date! But that’s now what we are here to discuss, not today anyway! As you can see by the title of this post, my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by Macy from Food Wine Travel More. I feel incredibly honored to have been nominated being that I am so new to the blogging world! So, thanks Macy for noticing my blog and nominating me!!!
Macy’s blog and story are awesome. She travels around the world and shares her experiences on her blog. I think you guys would love her blog, especially those interested in traveling, places you can visit, wines, where to eat! Check her out!!
In case you are wondering, The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Also wondering how it works? Well, when you get nominated and have accepted the nomination, you then have to write a post about it and nominate other new bloggers for the award. Here are the rules as stated on The Global Aussie; please refer to The Global Aussie to read more information about the rules of the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget”
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers
- List these rules in your post
Ten Facts About Me
- I worked at the New York City Bar Association for almost 6 years. I was a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) Program Coordinator. That was my first job after graduating college in 2005.
- I have a BA in Spanish Literature- my hope was to become a Spanish/ESL teacher, but after working the legal field I realized teaching wasn’t for me. I much rather be in a “office” environment if you will, which is why I went on to get certified as Paralegal and started working as Estate Planning Paralegal in 2011.
- I am highly allergic to pollen and dust and as a result Spring is my least favorite season. Unfortunately my allergies prevent from doing things like gardening, which I used to love doing as kid with my grandmother! P.S. I never had allergies as a kid, they developed in my Teens-20’s when I was away in college.
- I am very shy, believe or not lol. I tend to always be one of the quietest person in a group situation; this might stem from the fact that English is not my first language, I have an accent, not thick, but it’s there so I always feel awkward if I pronounce a word wrong or funny. I am NOT shy around my friends however haha!
- My husband and I met online (dating site). We’ve been together for 9 years, married for 5 on Saturday
- I am afraid of frogs! weird right? lol. Well when I was a kid one of those frogs that leap from walls (they’re small), well one leapt from the wall on to my belly while I was in the shower. I was about 6 years old, needless to say I ran out of the bathroom bums out screaming for my grandmother lol. Been scarred since!
- I grew up with my grandmother in the Dominican Republic. My mother came to the live in the USA, so I was raised by my grandmother and my dad.
- I love baking! Back in 2011 I attempted to start a baking business, but quickly realized there’s a lot of ins and outs before one can jump into something like that so put it on hold. I still hope that one day I can have a little baking business, except this time around I would incorporate healthy options!
- I’m not much of a “pet” person, but I have always wanted a bunny! I love bunnies, they are cutest creatures! I have tried to talked my husband into it, but hasn’t worked lol.
- I used to love watching scary movies, UNTIL I saw Paranormal Activity, by myself! haha! I didn’t sleep for a week thinking something was going to come from under my bed and swallow me—not even kidding!
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog is a beauty blog called Maskcara. Cara is the reason why I started getting so interested in makeup and beauty a few years ago. I remember hers was the first blog I found when I was looking for tutorials about how to do a natural look. I love her posts and her videos, not to mention, she is the queen of HAC (Highlight and Contour). Hers was the first tutorial I watched about highlighting and contouring. I love her story, she has a beautiful family and now has her own makeup line. I love that she believes in natural beauty, which inspired her makeup line. Her blog is fantastic and as everyone says these days, “goals”. I would love to meet her one day in person and tell her how much she inspired me to start using makeup, not because I felt like hiding anything on my face, but because it is fun! She is very inspiring!
Question from Macy
1. When do you find time to blog?
I am a mom of two boys under 5 years old, so my time to get all my writing done is when they nap and at night once they have gone to bed.
2. If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
Italy! I have always wanted to travel to Italy. I love the language and not to mention the food, and from what I have seen, it is a beautiful country!
3. Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters.
Do some research and decide what exactly you want your blog to focus on and relate to your readers.
4. What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
I think my favorite post so far is the part 3 of my “essentials” series because it is about self-care. I think, and I’m speaking from the being a mother perspective, we forget that we need certain things in our lives for our own sanity and that we are worth spending a little extra money on products that will in the end fulfill something as simple as exfoliating my skin!
5. What was the best memory that you have while travelling?
We recently traveled with our kids for the first time. I think seeing my 3 year old’s face and excitement about going on plane is a memory that will never erase from my face.
6. How did travelling/ blogging change your life?
When I started blogging it was mainly because I wanted a change in my daily routine. Being a stay at home mom is very hard and going from a “working mom” background to not working outside at all was getting to me. So I decided why not start a blog about what I enjoy, beauty! Writing about beauty, skincare has brought so much happiness to me and even though I don’t have the biggest audience yet, it brings so much joy to my heart when people stop by and comment. In short, I love that I have something to turn to other than being on “mommy mode” all day long. I am so glad I started and hope that I can continue with much success!
AND MY NOMINEES ARE…..
Milena from Mamunche
Emerly from Our Little Mountain Tribe
Patrick from The Vertical Adventurer
Teresa from Teresa’s Big O(pinion)
Sam from Samwise Beauty
Congratulations to Milena, Emerly, Patrick, Teresa and Sam. I hope you guys are excited about this award! I can’t wait to read your posts!
Questions For My Nominees
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- How do you get inspire to start a blog post?
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited, if you have to pick one to go back, which one would you choose and why?
- Name 3 things that bring joy to your life and why.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Ok my loves that is it for my Liebster Award Nomination post! I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you did enjoy it, feel free to share as well as my nominees’ posts if you’d like to check them out I have linked their blogs above! They all have beautiful blogs!
See you on my next post!
Love you guys!