We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hi everyone!!! Happy Monday! Have any plans for Monday night!? Want to know mine? (well besides mommin’ lol) CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES! oooo fun! I don’t think there’s any other task more daunting than cleaning brushes lol, ok I’m being a little over dramatic, but it is an annoying task indeed. The thing is, you HAVE to clean those bad boys or you risk getting crazy breakouts or even infections (yikes!), and not to scare you, but I read this story, which seems pretty legit and crazy and scary! Ok, so my point is, CLEAN THEM, especially if you use them frequently. I aim to clean mine a few days after using, I just can’t go more than a week without cleaning my brushes. And I know some people are probably wondering, how does she do this, with two small kids at home? Well, just like everything else, I wait for them to nap or at night when they go to bed lol.
Alright, let’s move on. Here’s what I use and highly recommend:
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile soap- I buy this at my local drugstore, but you can order on Amazon
- A cleaning mat – I got mine from Sigma, but you can find these at TJMaxx, I believe Elf has one also!
- Lukewarm water
- A cloth (or big towel in case you have a lot to clean)
So here’s a step by step of what I do:
- I let the water run, lukewarm water
- spray soap on the brushes directly, and on the mat
- I usually start with my biggest brushes first, in a circular motion, left, right, wash wash wash lol
- rinse throughly, make sure you rinse them well, otherwise leaving soap on them might make you breakout too!
- put aside and keep cleaning woman/man!
- rinse bristles facing down, don’t ever ever ever rinse your brushes with the bristles facing up! You’ll get water in the handles and that will totally mess up the life of your brushes!
- Last but not least, set them to dry-set them out flat or bristles facing down, again if you set them with the bristles facing up, you risk water getting in the handles!
This is the best thing about having a mat, you can clean more than one brush at a time!!
I proceed to use my son’s room for drying lol. It’s the best place for me to place the big brushes facing down!
And voilà my brushes are so fresh and so clean clean haha. How do you clean your brushes!? How often do you clean them!? Do share!
Thanks guys for stopping by and reading my posts! Please don’t forget to share, like and follow! It is greatly appreciated!!!
Love you guys!💖
Disclaimer: All these recommendations are based on my own experience and opinions of my own, I am in no way sponsored by any of these companies.